It's been a while since I posted a tutorial on here, I don't know why as these are the posts I enjoy the most and it seems you do too. I will be posting them more regularly, let me know if there's any specific looks you would like to see.
I've broken down step by step the quickest, easiest cat eye tutorial. I was rapidly losing natural daylight so by the end I had to use flash, to be honest this shows the look a lot clearer and in hindsight I wish I'd used it from the beginning. Anyway I'll stop rabbiting on, let's get to the photos.
1. Start out by priming your lid with your favourite eyeshadow primer
(Bad lighting makes my brows look like fuzzy felts, as you can see in last two photos they do actually look like brows)
2. Apply a light, neutral shadow all over the lid and highlight the brow bone, this will set primer and make blending a lot easier
3. Taking a black kohl pencil trace along the outside V and crease as shown above. This does not need to be perfect as we will be blending it out, however ensure pencil does not come below the crease
4. Using a short, synthetic brush blend out the pencil, again this doesn't need to be perfect as we will be setting this with shadow.
5 & 6. Repeat steps 3 & 4
7. Taking a black, matte shadow on a pencil brush trace along the outside V and crease as we did with the pencil then blend this out. Repeat these steps until you're happy with the colour density.
8. Take kohl pencil under lower lashline, set with matte black shadow and blend.
9. Line the top lashline with a black gel/liquid liner and extend with a flick which follows the shape we've created
10. Using a black waterproof pencil line both tightline and waterline. You could end the look here, just curl lashes and apply mascara but who doesn't love a bit of glitter?
11. Taking a mixing medium wet a flat shadow brush and use to pat glitter on to the lid upto where the black begins and also in tearduct area.
12. Clean up any glitter fallout, apply mascara and admire your handy work! I would usually apply false lashes with this look but I seem to have tidied my stash of lashes so well I can't find where I've put them!
Is this a look you would wear?
Will you be trying this out?
Leave me a comment below!
As I said above, if you have any requests then leave me a comment and I will be happy to do it.
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
MAC Eyeshadows Brule & Shroom
Avon Black Kajal
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Blackout
Illamasqua Pure Pigment Beguile
Clinique Brush on Cream Liner
DJV Beautenizer Volume Lash Mascara